May 13, 2010

Placement!

I just found out my placement! I'm going to Takayama city in Gifu prefecture. It looks awesome! I'll be in the middle of mountains and I'm only a few hours away from Tokyo, Kyoto, Nagoya, and Osaka.
Takayama is known for its festivals and for its preserved buildings. The city's about 95,000 people and I'll be there just in time for a bunch of their festivals. I'm super excited! And because I've been hired by the city, I'll be teaching either Junior High or Elementary students. People start getting details around May 27th so I should know precisely what grades I'm teaching around then.
And so I'll leave you now as I continue my obsessive research into my new city which will likely continue for weeks. So until I get further details, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment