Jan 21, 2009

Foundation Course, Campus and I'm going to kill my friends
















So we've started the Foundation course and I have to say it's pretty much as boring as it sounded. Not that what they're teaching isn't useful but most of it I can figure out myself. Which is why I don't always go to all the classes. Some, like Academic English, are useless for me. However I make sure to go to every single Danish lesson. The prof, Mads pronounced Mess, is hilarious if rather eccentric. And everything he teaches us is useful. Which reminds me, there's a girl here named Ofelia and I always kind of feel bad for her. I mean her name's Ofelia and she's in Denmark. The jokes are just too obvious. I wonder if she's read Hamlet.
So I went around and took pictures of campus yesterday as it was the first sunny day we've had since I got here. What I don't have a picture of, and I wish I did, was of this bird we saw flying and going nowhere because the wind was so strong. It was just flying in place. We all kind of felt bad for the bird. Also for some reason there's a field with horses in it. One of the horses was friendly and came right up to me. I'm pretty sure he only came up because he thought I had food for him. He at least let me pet him. Oh and the second picture is of my residence, Korallen. The weird amphitheatre thing is in the little courtyard-thingy of Korallen. Still haven't figured out what it is yet.
So yeah, my friends here are awesome but I'm still going to have to kill Katelynn and Craig. Mind you it was partially my fault for leaving myself logged on on Facebook on Katelynn's computer but they really didn't need to change my status to that. But I'm going to get them back. I'll just bide my time and when they least expect it, BAM! Revenge.
Also I was all excited to go on the trip to Fyn, as were the rest of my friends, until two things happened. One, we met the head of the international club. This woman is irritating and clearly mule-headed. And her strong-arm tactics to get people to volunteer not to mention her inability to shut up damn near drove the lot of us to just get up and leave. One guy kept fake yawning in the hopes of her noticing. She didn't. Marie finally had to cut her off at the end with "Thanks" or we'd have been another 15 minutes at least. And we were 20 minutes late getting out as it was. The second reason we've all bailed on the trip is the price. It seems cheap until you realize that the school provides free transport and we cook our own food. So why, oh why, does it cost 500 DKK? Julia, a friend of ours pointed this out. We also took a closer look at the schedule and the places we're going, what university student wants to spend the night in a quiet, picturesque town when we're near one of the biggest cities in Denmark? Also some of the rules were ridiculous. "If you don't do the tasks assigned to you the entire group will be punished". Seriously? What are we, 5? Every last one of us is at least 20 and we're going to be punished as a group if one person doesn't do as they're told? And we're spending money to go on this trip. Yeah. I don't think so. Me and my friends will probably go sometime, but certainly not with the international club.
This last semester at Bishop's I felt I'd started drinking a lot. I mean we went out pretty much every week. That is until I came here. It's every day. I copped out for two of those days, we do have to get up and go to class, but very few people seem to be doing that. Last night we just sat in Katelynn's room and played cards, talked and drank. Tonight we're supposed to be going to some bar and tomorrow's karoke night at a different bar. Oh well. At least we have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment