Feb 9, 2009

Lack of RAs, the Satanic Verses and Travelling

So I have to say, one of the things I've really noticed since I've been here has been that fact that there are no RAs in our residence. All we have is the one Custodian/Handyman. Other than that we're left to our own devices. It gives a certain sense of lawlessness. I mean we had a party in one of the kitchens and it could be heard throughout the building. There was a good 50 people there at all times and more came and left during the night. That kind of thing couldn't happen at Bishop's. The RAs or Security would break it up. That was another thing. You can totally drink outside which is awesome. I'm so used to Security watching for you drinking and even in town the cops don't care if you're drinking. Which is good. Because booze in the bars is ridiculously expensive. Especially when beer's so cheap in the grocery stores.
Today was the first meeting of my group for out project on the Satanic Verses. The book's snot bad just incredibly dense. It took me 2 and a half hours to read 90 pages. It's kind of interesting but you have to be prepared to wade through the damn thing. Oh well. I suppose it'll just make doing a project on it easier. Our supervisor, who I have yet to meet, apparently said we could compare it to the movie the 12 Monkeys. I have heard of this movie but never seen it. I'm not going to lie, when I heard 12 Monkeys I thought of Iron Monkey which is a kung-fu comedy movie. Which made me laugh.
Well next week I'm going travelling for the first time. I'm supposed to meet up with Shannon in Spain but that may not work out after all. I did find a flight from Billun in Denmark to London for a total of about $20 Canadian and so I figured even if I don't go to Spain I'll still go to London as I've never been. I mean how could I pass up a $20 flight? And if Spain doesn't work out I may also head down to Venice because I found a cheap flight there from London. I might just airport hop my way back to Denmark. We'll see. I'll be missing a class or two but that's no big deal. The work is ridiculously easy. I have 2 or 4 4oo word essay-things for the one class and that's it. That's my entire workload for the class. I'm pretty excited about going away though this does mean I desperately need to do a couple of loads of laundry as well as clean up my room. Oh well. LONDON!

No comments:

Post a Comment